Sunburst on a Hornet

I love this photo and it is a popular seller. I call it a hornet, but in actuality I don’t know what the insect is… I have researched and can’t figure it out. Shot with a macro lense it may be a type of fly.  *edit* I found images that look like this one at BugGuide and think he is a Transverse Flower Fly… somehow hornet sounds so much better… Or it could be a Hover Fly

Click to see image.

Sunburst on a Hornet



~ by Jayleen on March 31, 2007.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: